Conditions of Use
By accessing data from the Marine Information Management System (MIMS) repository, you affirm your acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- You have read, understood, and agreed to the MIMS disclaimer. MIMS data are included under this disclaimer.
- These data are made available with the express understanding that any such use will properly acknowledge the originator(s) and publisher and cite the accession numbers and/or associated Digital Object Identifiers. Anyone wishing to use these data should properly cite and attribute the data providers listed as authors in the metadata provided with each dataset. It is expected that all the conditions of the data license will be strictly honoured. Use of any material herein should be properly cited using the dataset’s persistent identifiers such as accession numbers and DOIs.
- You acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to the MIMS Data Policy.
- You acknowledge that the Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment does not guarantee that the data will be available to you without interruption or error. Furthermore, the Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment may modify or remove datasets and data service access methods at will.
- While every reasonable effort will be made to maintain current and accurate information on MIMS, the Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment accepts no responsibility for direct or indirect damage arising from the use or inability to use the data and information accessed from MIMS.
- Where appropriate, links to external sites will be provided for the User’s convenience. The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment is not responsible for the content or reliability of linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed in them. Linking shall not be taken as endorsement of any kind. The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment cannot guarantee that these links will work at all times and has no control over the availability of the linked sites or pages.
- MIMS provides metadata descriptions of and links to its own data and that of others in the community of practice, in the belief that this will be useful in support of Open Access to scientific publications and data. The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment cannot be held responsible for the quality of data provided by third parties, and while MIMS will take reasonable care in curating these datasets, the content of both metadata and data is under control of the third-party provider.
The MIMS repository and its contents are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and have not been compiled or supplied to meet the User’s individual requirements.